Chaplaincy Institute of Maine Seeks President
Portland-based Chaplaincy Institute of Maine (ChIME) seeks a President who will be responsible for overall leadership and oversight of ChIME’s vision, strategic planning and operations.
Major priorities will be to serve as ChIME ambassador to the local community, to develop and implement new sustainable revenue streams, to cultivate strong partnerships with compatible organizations and to promote interfaith initiatives thereby ensuring a vibrant future for ChIME.
The President reports to and works collaboratively with the Board of Trustees. A proven record of effective team building, collaborative leadership, financial acumen, strategic thinking and fundraising a must. The successful candidate will evidence a strong commitment to and knowledge of interfaith traditions and practices along with a personal commitment to spiritual growth.
An earned advanced degree in religion, theology or education and leadership experience in ministry, academics, or non-profit management is preferred. Substantive leadership experience in development and fund raising at the senior level will also be considered.
Anticipate 20 hours per week to begin, with additional hours to be negotiable.
For more information about ChIME and its interfaith chaplaincy education programs and for a more complete job description, visit www.chimeofmaine.org.
Applications accepted no later than February 29, 2020. Please send resume or curriculum vitae and a one-page spiritual autobiography to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maine Unitarian Universalist State Advocacy Network, Augusta, ME
MUUSAN ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
Reports to: MUUSAN Co-Chairs
Status: 20 hours per week – 12 month year
The Maine Unitarian Universalist State Advocacy Network (MUUSAN) links the state’s Unitarian Universalist churches to amplify its voices for social justice in the public square. Governed by an all volunteer Steering Committee of members from UU churches throughout Maine, MUUSAN relies on support from a part-time Administrative Coordinator. The Unitarian Universalist Community Church of Augusta is MUUSAN’s
fiscal agent, where the part-time Administrative Coordinator position is located.
• Administrative support for the MUUSAN steering committee
• Organizational data keeping and maintenance of shared electronic files
• Responsible for electronic advocacy postings, data base maintenance,
membership, communications, event registration, and reporting
• Maintain and improve the MUUSAN web and Facebook sites and expand other uses of social media in collaboration with the steering committee
• Basic bookkeeping for organizational expenses and income; maintenance of donor database and acknowledgement letters
• Work with issue group chairs to get targeted information including texting to individual members and congregational liaisons.
• Previous organizational administrative experience; strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint), Zoom teleconferencing or similar electronic meeting programs, and Mail Chimp or similar group email systems.
• Previous bookkeeping and financial reporting experience.
• Previous development database experience including donor gift acknowledgments and tracking.
• Familiarity and experience in social media platforms including Facebook,
Websites, Twitter, Instagram
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently; supervised by MUUSAN Co-chairs.
• Largely sedentary. Lift, carry and moving requirements are minimal and
• Mental and visual requirements are high.
• Verbal communication skill requirement is high.
• Demonstrates understanding and full support of Unitarian Universalist principles and values; can demonstrate those values to others; and consistently behaves in a manner congruent with these values and the mission of the organization.
• Interacts with all members and visitors in a warm and friendly manner; establishes good working relationships with those who are relevant to the completion of the organization’s work.
• Sets appropriate personal work objectives, measures own progress, identifies personal gaps in knowledge, and seeks to develop needed skills; is sensitive to changing personal and organizational requirements and changes accordingly.
• Ability to manage time effectively; focus efforts on the most important priorities; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest details; manage multiple tasks to completion.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume along with two references, and a cover letter explaining why this job appeals to you and suits your skill sets to:
email@example.com with the subject header: Administrative Coordinator Application
The application process remains open until this position is filled.
The Maine Unitarian Universalist State Advocacy Network does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic pre-disposition, ancestry or national origin or because of a previous assertion of a claim under the Worker’s Compensation Act or the Whistleblower’s Protection Act.